Said It Here

Will I get a job offer after my internship?

Companies often give mixed signals, praising your work while delaying any conversion discussions until the term is completely finished. Watching another intern get hired first adds to this uncertainty, leaving you frozen over whether you should formally ask for a position or just wait it out.

Overview
People affected2 accounts across 2 forums
Workarounds found4 items attempted
Community agreement6 total upvotes

What the numbers show

Counted from the threads quoted below. How we count

  • People have been saying this in most months since September 2026.

What people tried

Every workaround mentioned in the threads below. We haven’t tested any of them — and nobody here is claiming they worked.

Found another way around this?

Share your steps and trade-offs so fellow engineers don't have to reinvent the wheel. No account required.

  1. 1
    Asking senior staff or managers to confirm interest in a full-time offer
    Did this help you?
  2. 2
    Seeking advice from online communities about hiring chances based on past experience
    Did this help you?
  3. 3
    Asking management for clarity earlier in the internship
    Did this help you?
  4. 4
    Waiting out the contract period before initiating another conversation
    Did this help you?
Tried another approach not listed above?+ Share your workaround ↑

In their words

Unedited, grouped by where they were said, most upvoted first within each place, each linked to the thread it came from.

r/Accounting1 person · September 2026

“Sounds like bit mixed signals here. My concern is that our office also has another intern (she has been working as intern there 1 year longer than me and gonna graduate soon), she is already offered a staff 1 position 2 weeks ago. Therefore, I feel like there may be no any need for hiring me as staff 1 anymore.”source ↗

LamQtie · r/Accounting · 5 upvotes
r/careerguidance1 person · November 2026

“have already asked the company about possible conversion like end of last 4th month but they said to complete 6 month first then we will talk...they also said im doing a good job but we may never know right”source ↗

“so i was planning to ask but i dont know what to do...should i wait it out or ask?”source ↗

Top-Problem-4856 · r/careerguidance · 1 upvotes

Where this came up

People with this problem also raised